Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Please Pray for My Grandpa

I just spoke to my grandpa who told me his doctor called. He had performed a CT scan on Monday and wanted my grandpa to schedule an appointment because it's "abnormal and they need to talk."

He's lost 20-30 lbs. in the last few weeks because he's not hungry, and is now taking to sleeping a lot and forgetting stuff. All 3 of his siblings have died of cancer in the past 15 years (his only brother as early as August) so I know that's in his family.

The doctor wants him to make an immediate appointment with a gastro-endurologist (I think that's what they're called), so they can put a scope into his stomach and see what's going on.

My grandpa's name is Hoover, and I know he's very worried it's cancer. Please pray for God's healing. Pray for a correct diagnosis, correct treatment, and skillful doctors to take care of him correctly, making no mistake that would make him worse.

I'm very worried too. I hate death. Life would be so cool without death. I miss those who've died so much, and I'm so afraid it's starting in him now. I know Paul said "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?" (1 Cor 15:55), but it still hurts...a lot.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11/11/2006 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jon:

Death is real ugly. But thank God it is not the end. Keep looking up, God will provide comfort over time.
I pray the doctors can fix the problem so you can enjoy many more years with your Grandpa.
I am praying for Hoover.

Bill

 
At 11/11/2006 9:28 PM, Blogger Ordinary Pastor said...

Bill,

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

Jon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home