Monday, November 06, 2006

Applying Ted Haggard to Me

I want to publically thank Tim Challies for reminding me that "there is really no difference between you and Haggard or between myself and Haggard. We are all totally depraved with our sin extending to every aspect of our being. There but for the grace of God go I. There but for the grace of God go you. While I would not expect a reporter to approach me if I were to fall into similar sin, I can only imagine the pain of having to sit in front of my children, my wife, and answer questions about whether or not I have had sex with a man or admitting that I purchased illegal drugs. It's horrible. It's terrifying."

While some write, "I'm sick and tired of being associated with a 'Christianity' that does not seem to care one whit about holiness or obedience to God's Word. Let me say this as perfectly clear as I can: I believe that 'Christianity' in America is nearly totally apostate. Why? We have abandoned the vision of the Holiness and Fear of God. We've built a false god that will cater to our flesh and meet our 'felt needs'. Our real need? Repentance. But we don't want to go there. We live in Laodicea. No apologies. Cut and dried. Stuff like this can only happen because contemporary Christianity is rotten to the core."

However, remember it's not because Christianity is rotten to the core, but because we are, I am, rotten to the core, and I pray that God will keep me from falling.

Thank you Tim. You can read the totally of his very good post on the Haggard scandal here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home