Monday, November 13, 2006

Church Calls for Disabled Babies to be Killed

Click here or the title of the post above to read the full article.

So being disabled deserves death, and the church agrees.

The gaping whole in this article is this: What do they mean by allowing sick babies to die?

If it's what happened in the Terry Schiavo case, then "letting die" is a euphemism, a nice way of saying, "starve to death."

Guess what? If I, a 29 year old male or you reading this post, don't eat I too will starve to death. And, the only difference between a newborn baby & me, whether we're sick or not, is that I can feed myself & they can't.

What in the world does stage of development, or ability have to do with anything? What stage of development I'm at, or what abilities I have say NOTHING about whether or not I should live.

The answer to whether or not something should live is based on the answer to this question, What's this thing that's being allowed to die / starved to death? Is it an amoeba, a cricket, a hampster, a horse, or a human person at a particular stage of development called newborn? The answer to that question should determine the treatment.

Also, what doctor refuses to treat a sick person? Keep me away from all doctors & Christians that would argue for anything other than helping me get well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home