Tuesday, November 06, 2007

1 Cor 2:14 and 2 Cor 4:4 in Action

What's your reaction when you read things like this (if you can read such tiny print!)?

I know at first I was angry (like I'd be if someone ridiculed my mom or dad), but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that the only reason I'm not saying the same thing and worse is because God's been so kind to me, opening my eyes to the truth I once denied and freeing me from the sin that held me captive to lies.

In case you were wondering, 1 Corinthians 2:14 says "The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned" and 2 Corinthians 4:4 says "In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

Therefore, my anger quickly turned to sorrow and compassion (though not as quickly as I would've liked). I'd love to talk to the person who wrote that, or anyone who agrees.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home