Thursday, October 18, 2007

Eva Cassidy

When I went to Germany for a month in 2001, I roomed with a friend who bought a CD in a local general store by a singer I'd never heard of named Eva Cassidy. He played it over and over again, and I cannot thank him enough for doing so because I absolutely fell head over heals in love with her voice.

I got home and instantly went out and bought the CD and played it to death.

You can find out a lot about her here, here and here. Briefly, she died of cancer in 1996, but I found out just recently that there was an amateur video made of a concert she did in a small venue and most of the clips are posted on YouTube.

Above is my favorite Eva song, and if you like it I recommend you buy the aforementioned CD, called Songbird. You will thank me forever for introducing her to you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home