Friday, November 17, 2006

David Brainerd

If you workout or if you have a job where you can listen to an iPod, please click here and download the three mp3s on the Life of David Brainerd by Jonathan Edwards, which was Edward's most popular work. I've listened to all of part 2 and half of part 1 and I've been so impressed and humbled by what I've heard from his journals.

He puts in writing what I've felt and feel as a Christian who struggles with his own sin and his own desires to be more fully devoted to God than he is. He has an uncanny knack for examining, laying bare and diagnosing his own heart, a trait I wish I had. There is an honesty and transparency that's so refreshing in our 'holier-than-thou,' plastic, fake, 'happy-happy-joy-joy' churches.

You will do your heart a tremendous favor by listening to these mp3s.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11/17/2006 5:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon:

This was the one book that God used a few years ago to help me see that my pathetic Christian walk was fueled by "cheap" grace and I needed to start walkin' the talk like David Brainerd. Can't say I have gotten there but I can say it motivated me to at least get off my chair.

Keep up the good work on your blog,

Bill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home