Monday, January 07, 2008

Spurgeon on Humility

Here's a sermon by Charles Spurgeon on our ever present and constantly opposing enemy, pride, and our always necessary and always wanted friend, humility. I was reading C.J. Mahaney's book Humility yesterday and he mentioned this sermon, but the online footnote he gave in the book no longer exists.

I'm reading a lot on this topic, not only because I want to be humble, but because I'm giving a seminar on it at this year's Truth and Life Conference at The Master's College. If you think of it, PLEASE pray for me about this. I feel completely out of my league as a speaker for a conference like this one, and completely out of my league on the topic of humility. Also, aside from your prayers, any resources would be helpful too.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1/07/2008 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know when and where you will be speaking at the conference yet?

 
At 1/08/2008 1:21 AM, Blogger Ordinary Pastor said...

Troy,

Good to hear from you. From what I gather, there is only one seminar session, Thursday morning 10:45-12:00am. I'm one of three seminars being offered at that time. And, as of now, I don't know where we'll be meeting.

I hope that helps, and I hope I see you there. I also want to talk to you before, preferably this week, so call me.

jb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home