Saturday, November 24, 2007

Minor Controversy over a God-Centered God?

I thought I'd make you aware of what I thought was a minor controversy brewing on the blogs between Ben Witherington and John Piper about the God-centeredness of God.

You can read Dr. Witherington's discomfort with a self-centered God here and Dr. Piper's response to him here.

I wrote "a minor controversy," but if Piper is right (and I think he is) than there is nothing minor about the God-centeredness of God.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12/06/2007 5:03 PM, Blogger N.A. Winter said...

Jon - you may already know this, but I was reading recently and an author referred to John R. W. Stott's contention that "Jesus' teaching was self-centered" (Corduan, No Doubt About It.) So there's a least one other person who agrees.

Natalie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home