Thursday, November 15, 2007

Preaching @ TMC!!!

Hi Everyone!!! I am blogging right now to let you know that I will be preaching at The Master's College chapel this Monday morning and I am thoroughly TERRIFIED!!!

By a "fluke" of providence my friend Austin was walking past the man who plans chapels yesterday. Earlier this semester Austin had asked him about getting me in there for a chapel, so Austin asks if he'll be able to fit me in, to which he replied something along the lines of "I was looking at him for next semester, but we had a cancellation for Monday. I know it's short notice, but do you think he'd do it."

Austin told me he'd call me and ask, and then it came out that the cancellation was JOHN MACARTHUR who is to address the students and faculty on Faculty Day (I don't know if this is a special day or whether every Monday is Faculty Day). After I regained consciousness, my training under Prof. Alex Montoya kicked in so all I heard ringing in my ears was "You NEVER turn down a chance to preach! EVER! You don't call in. You crawl in!"

I put all this here, both to make you laugh, but also to beg you for your prayers, not only for me and the preaching (at around 9am Monday morning), but for the students and faculty in attendance.

As of now (Thursday night) I'm going to preach on Psalm 100, but I'm open to changing it should my studies reveal something I think would be more appropriate for the audience. I chose this text because I want to really challenge the very well-taught students and faculty as to their emotions for God. Psalm 100 has 7 imperatives, 7 commands for our emotions as we relate to God, many if not all of which are sadly disobeyed on a constant basis.

Any suggestions for something better? Let me know, but more importantly PLEASE PRAY!!! (especially since I just went to the TMC site and saw a couple professors on it and had a short moment of panic--I'm such a man-fearing sinner so please pray for my heart too)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11/16/2007 5:21 PM, Blogger Al Moore said...

I will be praying!

Al

 

Post a Comment

<< Home