Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jerry Falwell (1933-2007)

***UPDATE***

Unlike the totally distasteful TMZ, Dr. Al Mohler gave a very nice tribute to Rev. Falwell.

Wow! When you're done with his tribute check out the comments below it. They hate Falwell for his intolerance, but are totally blind to theirs. I guess if you disagree with them it's OK to be intolerant back? For all their preaching of tolerance they are the most intolerant among us. If you disagree and want to argue about that, read their comments first.

******

My condolences to the family and friends of the Rev. Jerry Falwell who was found unconscious today at his Liberty University office.

My first thoughts were not about his politics, but here's a guy who woke up this morning not knowing that before noon he'd be standing in the presence of God. I have thought about that one fact more in the first four months of 2007 than I have for the first 29 years of my life.

I am challenged by this to make the most of the time God's given me (Eph 5:16), not knowing when my number will come up, so that I may present a heart of wisdom to God (Psalm 90:12), and to remember that while death is tragic and difficult for us, even as Christians, it is precious to God when one of His own comes home (Psalm 116:15).

Oh God! Give me Your perspective on death, and the heart to trust You when death comes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home