Thursday, April 12, 2007

Lesbian "Comes Out of the Closet" Again

Click here to read a very encouraging and heart-warming testimony about God's grace in the conversion of Charlene E. Cothran.

She was a very prominent gay and lesbian activist as editor-in-chief of “Venus Magazine,” a pro-homosexual publication, who has recently "come out of the closet again" (her words) by embracing Christ and renouncing homosexuality.

This was done in the pages of the very magazine she published and edited with her article entitled "Redeemed! 10 Ways to Get Out of the Gay Life, If You Want Out."

Aside from her stirring testimony, my favorite lines from the article are these: "I intend be just as ‘out’ about my transformation as I was about my lesbian life. I have given every gift I have back to God, including VENUS Magazine. The target audience will remain the same but the mission has been renewed. Our new mission is to encourage, educate and assist those in the life who want change but can’t find a way out."

This is the radical, 180 degree transformation that comes from true conversion, just like we see in the story of Zaccheus in Luke 19. This also encourages me to witness even to the more difficult because it reminds me that absolutely no one is unreachable with the gospel. Praise God!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home