Thursday, April 05, 2007

Billy Packer Uses Gay Slur?

If you watch any college basketball on CBS you know the name Billy Packer. Well, he's in some really hot water thanks to the politically correct nazis who've infiltrated our culture's media and opinion-givers.

Due to technical difficulties, I could not upload the video from Youtube, but if you haven't seen this video already, you will. You can guarantee it. Don't be surprised if this hits the national news tomorrow (Thursday, April 5th). Jimmy Kimmel on this video is priding himself that only he has found this. Please watch it here before reading on.

I heard about this and got outraged after seeing ESPNews host Bill Pidto introduce the story by saying Packer used "a homosexual slur." I got so offended when I saw that just now that I wrote an email to ESPN. In only 500 words I said something along the lines of:
I just saw Bill Pidto on ESPNews say Billy Packer used a "homosexual slur." He did NOTHING of the sort.

This is 1st grade English. The gay slur is a noun. Packer's word was a VERB. Same spelling, different word!

Words ONLY have meaning in context. The context was Mr. Rose always saying something and never following through, not homosexuality.

After almost 20 years, I'm convinced ESPN creates the news just as much as they report it. You've ruined people doing this (e.g., Drew Bledsoe, Rex Grossman) and you're doing it again. Stop it!
Sadly, I think the news media, shows like Jimmy Kimmel's and ESPN will work tirelessly to ruin Billy Packer by twisting him into a hater of homosexuals by taking his word out of context to make him so. I'm convinced they will "sacrifice" another decent, hardworking victim for their cause.

So much for the freedom to speak words that just sound like words we don't have the freedom to speak. Ugh!!!

As an aside, I listened to a sermon yesterday that asked the question "When was the last time you got mad over something that would make God mad, something kingdom related?" Does this qualify?

I tend to think it does because God is a God of truth and justice and if Packer gets fired for this, it is anything but just because it would be for false allegations.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home