Thursday, January 04, 2007

Warnings to Pastors (Ezek 22)

In my daily reading of Ezekiel I was brought to these words:
"Her priests have done violence to My law and have profaned My holy things; they have made no distinction between the holy and the profane, and they have not taught the difference between the unclean and the clean; and they hide their eyes from My sabbaths, and I am profaned among them" (v. 26).
God's things, especially God's Word, is holy. It is distinct from ALL other common or "profane" things.

There are vast movements within Christendom that make no distinction between God's holy Word and all the ologies and osophies and fads of mankind. They call for integration when God calls for distinction.

However, by making no distinction, these well-meaning but misled people are doing violence to God's word, which leads to disregard for God, then disobedience to God because He and His Word are being treated as common when He and His Word are anything but common.

This treating as common of God and His Word happens all the time. It was part of the reason for the rebuke of Psalm 50:21 "You thought I was just like you" when He and His Word are anything but.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home