Thursday, June 19, 2014

Prayer & The Sweetest Part of My Day

My son is 13 and a half months old. These days, he's like an army of ants, getting into everything.

If he's not grabbing my laptop, he's hitting balls and Little People with a mallet. If he's not pushing buttons on our entertainment center (I actually just disciplined him for doing this!), he's playing songs on his music table. If he's not pulling things off our shelves, he's hitting things with his drumsticks and tripping over everything as he's still learning how to walk.

He is a normal, active, energetic, always-on-the-move toddler.

These 13 months have gone by really fast (I know, everyone says that, but it really has), and it seems that the more energy he has the less he wants to snuggle. He wants to move. He wants to go, go, go. He has no time for slowing down.

He didn't sleep much last night (which means we didn't either) so he's more whiny and more snuggly than normal today. About 10 minutes ago, we were having a rare snuggle session. It was the sweetest part of my day. He was either resting his head on my chest or playing with my hat, taking it off my head and putting it on himself and giggling away as I'd cover his eyes the brim and then quickly pull it up and say "Boo!"

While we were snuggling on the couch, I reflected on how similar to Colin I am with God. Though it's summer, my life is filled with study, projects and fun. I'm active, running from project to stores to books to babysitting to cooking to meetings.

In the midst of being "always-on-the-move," I wonder if God actually enjoys it when I slow down and spend time with Him like I SO enjoy it with Colin. I know He is happy with my obedience. I know it pleases Him when I do what He wants, but would He call it "sweet"? I think so.

I wish Colin would slow down more because I love snuggling with him. If he knew I liked snuggling with him, would he want to do it more? Does my knowing it pleases God when I'm obedient to Him by praying to Him make me want to do it more? I can say it does :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home