Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I'm at the DG Pastor's Conference!!!

After being snowed in at O'Hare in Chicago for 24 hours and braving some 20 degree weather (see some pics here), we finally made it to the 2008 Desiring God Pastors' Conference. Honestly, I sat there for the first session this morning and tears came to my eyes as I thought, "I can't believe God brought me here. What a blessings! What a kind and gracious God!"

Aside from hanging out with the staff and seeing some guys from seminary (and eating Giordano's famous pizza) the highlight for me as definitely been John Piper's biography of his father. You should hit that link and listen to it as fast as possible--I thought the best part was the conclusion!

However, the one thing I wish Dr. Piper would've talked about was his mom. His dad was a traveling evangelist, meaning he was gone all that time, so it seems to me that his mom did most of the parenting.

I'd love to hear a tribute to her as well, so I wrote this as a question and dropped it in the drop box. Hopefully, they'll choose it for the Q & A tomorrow. Who knows? We'll see!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home