Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What Hell Would Be Like...

I was captured by the blurb of this article where it said the writer was going to vent about our celebrity obsessed culture (which he didn't, it came across more like he was venting about how celebrity obsessed he is). However, he did have this one interesting line:
"Watching the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards must be like what hell would be like. I can picture Satan chaining me down to a chair in a fiery pit, facing a 108-inch HDTV with surround sound, playing a loop of Britney's [MTV VMA] performance."
It is SO sad that people caricature such a horrible place. Hell will be worse than anything we can possibly imagine. It reminds me of something I heard a speaker say once. I don't remember where I heard it, but it's true:
"For those who repent of their sins and trust Jesus alone to save them, this life is the worst it's ever going to be. For those who hold onto their sins and reject the salvation found only in Christ, this life is the best it's ever going to be."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home