Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Books on Eastern Orthodoxy

For those of you, like me, who are almost if not totally ignorant of Eastern Orthodoxy, Robert Letham has written a new book called Through Western Eyes: Eastern Orthodoxy: A Reformed Perspective, to help us.

Second, if you want more and you're wondering, like me, if Eastern Orthodoxy is compatible with Evangelicalism (from what little I know about it, I'd have to say No) then check out Three Views on Eastern Orthodoxy and Evangelicalism.

Third, are you like me and you've looked at the non-believing landscape and become overwhelmed by all the groups and subgroups that need to be studied in order to effectively give them the gospel?

What do you do? I've decided that I will study one group for six months and then move to the next. For instance, until September 1st I've been trying to study Mormonism. In October, I will switch and start studying Islam in my spare time. Then, in March 2008 I will switch again and so forth. Hopefully, that will help, but any suggestions will be helpful too.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6/14/2007 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might enjoy Dancing Alone by Frank Schaeffer. It tells of his conversion to Eastern Orthodoxy from evangelicalism. Lori

 
At 6/14/2007 1:10 PM, Blogger Ordinary Pastor said...

Thank you.

Jon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home