Thursday, September 27, 2007

RonaldWright.org

Five months ago I blogged here about a very precious man named Rev. Ronald Wright who turned me upside down with his passion for Christ and His Word. He has had a larger impact on my life for Christ than anyone else (save the biblical authors themselves). In that post I spoke about digitizing the tapes from his classes, making them mp3s, and hoping one day to start a website in his honor.

Well, I am posting today about my dear professor because through a series of providential events (also something I must post about later) I met a man, Jim Milligan, who happened to be president of blueletterbible.org and a close friend of a former student of Ron's.

Well, this blessed man has just put the finishing touches on the initial stages of ronaldwright.org, a memorial website dedicated to the life and teaching of Prof. Wright (I'm getting choked up as I type). As of last night, he has uploaded here for free mp3 download the first two classes -- the Prison Epistles of Paul (Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians & Philemon) and Theology 1 (God, Man, Sin, Christ, Salvation).

If you're tired of the sappy, sentimental, man-centered teaching and preaching that is so rampant in our day, you will do yourself a great disservice if you decide not to listen to the rich, God-centered, Christ-exalting teachings of this wonderful, relatively unknown but eminently faithful servant of God.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9/27/2007 2:19 PM, Blogger Al Moore said...

Jon,

I look forward to surfing over to the site soon.

I, too, have wonderful memories of Ron's classes. If memory serves me, my wife actually got the top grade in his class on Corinthians!

Thanks for all your effort in getting his lectures to the web; Ron was one-of-a-kind and I can't wait to listen to him again.

Al

 

Post a Comment

<< Home