Monday, July 09, 2007

Dr. Harold O.J. Brown (1933-2007)

One of my professors and one of the kindest men I've ever met, Dr. Harold O.J. Brown, was brought safely to heaven on Sunday.

I had the utmost privilege of spending a month in Germany to study the Reformation with him, his wife Grace and many others from RTS and TEDS in July 2001 (this is a study tour they take each year). We arrived in Prague and studied the pre-Reformation, especially John Huss, then drove to Wittenberg where we spent three weeks studying the Reformation while taking short trips to Berlin, Halle, Dresden and the Wartburg castle where Luther translated the NT into German. The trip ended with a few days in Vienna touring museums and castles before flying home.

I have never been the same after that trip, and that has little to do with the information I learned. It was one of best trips I've ever taken and one of the best things I've ever done because of the deep fellowship and godly examples of the people I studied with, especially Dr. and Mrs. Brown.

Please take the time to read this statement from Care Net, a ministry he started for women contemplating abortion.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home