Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Summer Ministry Trip to Ukraine

I deeply covet your prayers. I just spoke to my friend who invited me to come teach and preach this summer in Ukraine. I will be leaving July 19th and returning August 4th.

In the first week, I will be teaching 3 hours a day (two morning and one evening session) and fielding questions on the subjects the church and leadership. He told me to assume the people have no knowledge about what the church is supposed to be and do, and what leaders in the church are supposed to be and do.

During the second week, my friend and I will be sharing the teaching load at an evangelistic sports camp where dozens of kids come and hear the gospel. I will be sharing 10 sessions with him as we cover the Bible, God, Man, Christ and the Gospel.

I will also be preaching at a church both Sunday's that I'm there. Wow!!! Just in case you're not counting, that's almost 30 messages in two weeks. Thank God for His grace in giving me the chance to do this!

This is a unique opportunity to influence a Ukrainian church at foundational and formational levels. So, aside from your prayers--which again I covet deeply because I feel so scared and inadequate for this--any book and sermon recommendations will be very helpful as I continue to prepare prayerfully and educationally.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home