Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Another Gay Pastor Scandal

Click here to read an article about another pastor stepping down because of homosexual affairs, Paul Barnes of Grace Chapel in Colorado.

I am conflicted between sadness and anger, going back and forth from "How could you dishonor God, your wife, your daughters, your church and your office like that?" to "Is that me without the grace of God?"

The most disturbing part of the article: "Barnes expressed hope for a future where one can 'be who you are' and be accepted and loved in the Christian community and also spoke about 'separating some of the teachings from Scripture' from Jesus Christ."

The "I want to be like that" part of the article: "Church elder Russ Pilcher said the reaction at services Sunday was largely concern for the couple. 'I thought, "Where did I fall short in making myself so unapproachable that he couldn't come to me?"' Pilcher said."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home